Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I will Forever Praise you!

Many of you know a year ago Jan 2 my sight started to fade. In three months I had three MRI's 1 Spinal Tap and spent 7 days in the hospital with barely any vision. The Dr's were awesome but did not know what was going on because they thought I had MS or a "Fake" Tumor but the tests showed no lesions on my brain. Praise the Lord. I kept having to go in and get IV drips of steriods. When Josh and I were sitting in the hospital we had to have the "talk". If God chose me to live this life with out my sight what would we need to do to make it as simple as possible. I already counted on Josh for everything. I had to ask him if the lights were on or off he had to tell me who was walking in our door!Yah I was scared out of my mind but God had also given me a peace about it too! I was not dying I was just loosing something I really cherished obviously. This was all happening in the middle of something wonderful, mothering Benjamin Mack. I was a new mom and only for two months. I could not see him (just his outline) When we were home Josh had to change diapers, warm the bottle etc. I was so scared that I would not see him as a little boy or a young man. But someone told me that I would be able to hear his voice and that was precious to me! 3 months had passed my sight was still foggy but if I got off the steriods I would loose it totally. So finally I went to see a Dr in Dallas. He took 17 tubes of blood and April 1, 2008 He told me I had Cat Scratch Disease. I thought he was kidding since it was April Fools Day, well he wasn't, I don't even have a cat, how could this have happened? I knew God had a plan for my family and weird enough this was apart of it and I believe that. It brought me even closer to the Lord than I already was. I knew of so many that were praying for me! Friends, Family, and Angels I did not even know. And I hope this brought them closer to him as well. Would I do it again, I would not want to but if the Lord asked I would. I know he will take care of me and my sweet family. I have said this before but it is so true! The Devil hit us hard a year ago but the LORD hits us even harder everyday in my house! He is my Almighty Savior, Healer, Our Almighty GOD! He lives in me and my husband and now I know he lives in my son. I am so Thankful I can start this year off physically seeing my husband, my friends my family and my precious Son live in his Glory! Thank you Jesus!! I will forever Praise you!



Here are some Pictures from New Years. Benjamin with his BFF's Landon and Caden! Happy 2009!


1 comment:

Binford Family said...

Johnna, those pictures are so cute! We all have our cross to bear, and I know that the way you prasied Him through yours pleases Him. I love you and am so happy you can see how precious your son is! Love & Hugs!